Total Pageviews

CAS is cool :D

Welcome to all IB students, examiners, CAS advisors, CAS directors and all things IB!

Wednesday 1 February 2012

2011-2012 Cracking Christmas Carnival

In this CAS activity I reflect all three parts, Creativity, Action and Service. This is because not only did I design stalls and decorations, I also ran meetings with student representatives from each class. Lastly all proceeds of the fair went to Operation Santa Claus, a charity.

During the activity I took on a more dominant role than last year, actually taking part in deciding the logistics of the fair, as well as choosing which stall suggestions from the classes were considered acceptable. One of the biggest difficulties I encountered was the choosing of the stalls, however with an open-minded we managed to pull through.

The IB CAS learning outcome I achieved was the 7th outcome " I have considered implications of my actions".  As judges of stalls and logistics the Student Council President and I had to co-operate with teachers as well as students to get the most safe, satisfying and profitable fair. The problems were that teachers believed in certain rules and restraints for stalls, however students wanted their creativity to flow. In the end we had to decide how far creativity could flow in order to please both sides to a certain extent.

No comments:

Post a Comment