Total Pageviews

CAS is cool :D

Welcome to all IB students, examiners, CAS advisors, CAS directors and all things IB!

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Guzheng reflection

Guzheng lesson reflection
In this activity I learnt a new instrument, which reflects Creativity. At the beginning of the activity I hoped to become a BALANCED, Guzheng lessons helped me achieve this because it was a diversion from work, as well as a relaxant. Moreover adding this to my timetable helps me endure and get ready for the pressure of having a real job. 
Throughout the activity there were clashes in my schedule, however I overcame this by learning how to become more organizing and making sure that in the future there weren’t be anymore clashes. 
In this activity I learnt that instruments and music in general has a great impact on my interests and life, because of my love for music, I persevered through all the difficulties that instruments give. 
This activity did not only affect me, but also other people, because as I do performances, I teach and show people that in Hong Kong and in this world, there is an amazing instrument called the Guzheng. 
Learning the Guzheng will help my grow to be more musically developed which will most likely help me achieve my dream of being a music teacher or performer. 
In my opinion I have successfully achieved the “ undertaken new challenges or an extension of an existing one” learning outcome, this is because after my Guzheng lessons, one of the new challenge I had to face was finding the courage to perform on stage by myself, I have performed dancing with a group before, but the performances I have done since learning Guzheng involved a much larger audience, and I had no other people on stage to find support from. 
Another learning outcome that I believe I have achieved is the “ developed new skills or increased expertise in an established area” . One of the skills that I need the most exercising on is my time management and organization skill. By adding this extra lesson to my timetable I am able to exercise these skills. I believe that I have made progress in my span of 12 lessons of Guzheng, hopefully soon, I can master this skill fully. These skills are quite important for when I end up having lots of work in the future or if I may need to perform for a very important concert. 
(video) on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82ei1SzrsvI

No comments:

Post a Comment