Total Pageviews

CAS is cool :D

Welcome to all IB students, examiners, CAS advisors, CAS directors and all things IB!

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Model United Nations reflection

During the Model United Nations activity I reflected creativity, action and service because not only did I create persuasive arguments, I also helped plan strategies and organize the whole group’s actions. Moreover I reflected service because with the succession of MUN ideas we help serve the global community as well as the school community because we help give the school more significance. 
Prior to MUN I hoped to become a clearer and more confident speaker, as well as a better leader, and during the activity I am a better speaker and leader. Although I faced many time clashes and other organization issues, I overcame them through proper planning and collaboration with fellow delegates. 
Through the activity I realized I can be a confident speaker through practice and proper planning prior to speaking, as well as te importance of co-operative colleagues. I can apply the skills learnt during MUN in real life as I want to be a teacher in the future, because of my improved speaking skills, I can also become a more confident teacher. 
Working in the Model United Nations has enabled me to achieve the 6th IB CAS learning outcome “ engaged with issues of global importance”  , this is because MUN is all about solving the current Global issues, and crisis. Working with other “countries” to help come up with a resolution/solution that can be agreed on with the majority of countries in the world, therefore ensuring a peaceful chain of actions to solve the world’s problems. 



No comments:

Post a Comment